The best hot covers will help to keep your hot tub clear of dirt and rubbish that can easily contaminate your water. A hot tub cover is essential for the safety of kids and pets.
We have sorted through the list of options to find you the best hot tub cover for most circumstances.
We answer some of the frequently asked questions concerning hot tub covers, and what you need to consider when buying a hot tub cover.
Are you ready to find the best hot tub cover in 2022? Let’s get started.
Disclosure: Our aim is to provide the best independent advice about services and products. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission.
The Best Hot Tub Covers Results
- BEST OVERALL :
The Cover Guy Made to Measure Hot tub Cover
- BEST VALUE :
- BEST ROUND COVER :
Why Do You Need a Hot Tub Cover?
If you are thinking about purchasing a hot tub cover, there are several reasons why you need one.
Here are some of the most common reasons;
- Keep you and your hot tub safe from the elements, such as rain,snow and UV rays.
- Protect your hot tub from leaves, branches, and other debris.
- Save you money, retaining the heat inside your hot tub for longer periods of time. It can take a lot of energy to heat up a hot tub, especially if the air temperature is low.
- Choosing a mildew-resistant cover can be a smart choice because some hot tub covers are prone to mildew growth on the underside of the cover.
Title : Best Overall- Made to Measure Hot Tub Cover
image courtesy of thecoverguy.com
The Cover Guy company has three different pricing options for its hot tub cover range. They are Standard, Deluxe, and Extreme. The main difference between the ranges is the size of the foam used. The foam obviously equates to an increase in thermal efficiency, with the Extreme range being usable in even the harshest of climates.
All three ranges use a foam that is treated to have zero water absorption. This is extremely important as a large area of waterlogged foam would be very heavy and unwieldy.
The collection uses marine-grade vinyl, which is UV resistant and has mildew inhibitors for long life.
The covers also have lockable safety tie-downs to keep even the most inquisitive children safe.
The handles and reinforced hinges are designed to be able to withstand years of use.
In fact, thecoverguy.com is so confident in the quality of their hot tub covers that they offer a 7-year warranty.
Pros: Lots of customizable options. 12 different color options to choose from. Quality is considered to be amon g the industries best.
Cons: Price can rise considerably with options. Large amount of options and upsells can be confusing.
Why we love it: The long warranty offers piece of mind. Lots of different vinyl colors means you should be able to get exactly what you want. Foam options to suit your particular climate.
Types of hot tub covers
Vinyl covers aren’t the only form of hot tub cover available. Hot tub covers are available in soft and hardshell variants, with choices to protect your investment from harsh weather and increase energy efficiency.
- Soft covers are a popular choice among consumers due to their simplicity of usage and low cost. Soft vinyl covers roll over the hot tub to offer cover and roll up for simple storage when not in use. They work well in indoor hot tubs.
- Hardshell covers are excellent for most outdoor hot tubs and are noted for their durability. These covers are heavy and more difficult to move; nevertheless, a double hinge is provided to offer an easier lift and one-sided access if necessary.
- Seasonal covers: Those who live in colder climates may wish to consider purchasing a seasonal hot tub cover. Unlike soft and hard shell coverings, these encompass the entire hot tub rather than just functioning as a lid. Seasonal coverings are designed to survive cold conditions, snow, and ice, extending the life of your hot tub.
- Solar covers: Solar hot tubs are great for individuals who are concerned about energy conservation and cost savings. If the sun is shining, a solar cover will keep your tub warm even if the electricity is turned off.
FAQs About Hot Tub Covers
If have questions regarding hot tub covers, keep reading for answers to some of the most often asked questions concerning hot tub covers.
How do you measure for a hot tub cover?
Measuring for a replacement hot tub cover can be a daunting prospect,but here is short guide to hopefully make it a bit easier. It always best to read all the tips given by a manufacturer on exactly which dimensions they require. Here are steps you can follow as a guide:
- For length and width measures, measure from the acrylic part of your hot tub’s lip to the lip. To allow for some wiggle room with the cover, add 1/2 inch to your specifications.
- Add 1/2 inch to the length of the skirt measured from the top of the spa to the bottom of the acrylic (before the wood part begins).
- Finally, measure each corner’s radius. This is accomplished by extending the sides’ straight edges to the place where they would cross if the spa’s corner were square. Take these measurements using two straight edges or a carpenter’s square. Calculate the distance between the start of the curve and the imaginary intersection point. Add 1/2 inch to the preceding measurements.
How To Clean a Hot Tub Cover
Assuming you already have a hot tub cover and just need tips on how to clean it:
- First, remove the cover from the hot tub. If your cover has straps, undo them and set the cover aside.
- Next, using a garden hose, spray the entire surface of the cover with water. Be sure to get both sides.
- Once the cover is wet, apply a generous amount of environmentally friendly soap all over it. You can use a soft brush to work the soap into any areas that seem particularly dirty.
- Let the soap sit on the cover for 10-15 minutes before rinsing it off with your garden hose.
- To remove any remaining dirt or soap residue, mix together 1 part vinegar and 3 parts water in a spray bottle and lightly mist the cover with it.